Applications are invited for filling up of the following positions on Direct recruitment /Promotion /Deputation/Short-term-contract basis in the ICSSR, New Delhi:
Post 1: Administrative Officer (promotion/ deputation)
Number of vacancy: 1 (one)
(Pay scale – Rs. 15600-39100+GP 6600 as per 6th CPC or corresponding Level 11/Pay range Rs. 67700-208700 as per 7th CPC).
For promotion: Assistant Directors or officers holding the post equivalent to Assistant Director in ICSSR and having at least 5 years’ service in the grade and with wide administrative experience.
For deputation: Officers holding posts and qualification equivalent to Assistant Director, ICSSR and sufficient administrative experience Government offices/institutions/autonomous organizations set up by Government.
Qualification for Assistant Director in ICSSR;
(a) A Master’s degree with high second class in any Social Science from a recognised University or equivalent qualification.
(b) At least 3 years’ experience in teaching, research in social science area and/or 3 years of experience of research administration in a reputed organization.
(c) Computer literacy is desirable.
Post: 2: System Analyst-cum-Senior Programmer (direct/deputation)
Number of vacancy: 1 (one)
(Pay scale – Rs. 15600-39100+GP 6600 as per 6th CPC or corresponding Level-11/ Pay range Rs. 67700-208700 as per 7th CPC).
(a)Essential Qualification for direct recruitment:
1. Master’s degree with at least 50% marks in any of the social sciences with statistics as an optional subject/statistics mathematics (with statistics)/operation research/computer sciences/computer application from a recognised university or equivalent thereof.
2. About 5 years’ experience in statistical analysis/research data processing work including at least 3 years experience in actual programming system analysis on electric computer.
1. On job experience in programming/system analysis on micro/personal
computer in recognized institution/university.
2. Experience in developing generalized application programmes.
3. Implementation and use of system software and generalize application
packages, such as Data base, SPSS, etc.
4. Experience in imparting training in the use of computer in data processing.
5. The candidates having professional degree in Computer Science/IT would be given preference.
6. Assistant Director/Computer Programmer having qualification of B. Tech (CS)/M.Sc. (CS/IT)/MCA or equivalent with minimum 2 years out of total 5 years experience in web development based applications using PHP, JSP, MYSQL/MSSOL, PYTHON and having working experience on statistical packages and R. Language.
7. In depth knowledge of systems administration of windows/linux operating system and local area network.
Age for direct recruitment : Minimum-21, Maximum-45.
For deputation: Persons holding analogous posts in the Central Govt., research institutes or universities or persons holding a post or programmer or equivalent thereof in the grade Rs. 15600-39100+GP 5400 as per 6th CPC or corresponding Level-10/Pay range Rs. 56100-177500 as per 7th CPC with 5 years regular service in that grade. The candidate must satisfy the qualifications prescribed for direct recruits.
Post 3: Programmer (direct/deputation)
Number of vacancy: 2 (Two)
(Pay scale – Rs. 15600-39100+GP 5400 as per 6th CPC or corresponding Level-10/Pay range Rs. 56100-177500 as per 7th CPC).
QUALIFICATION FOR DIRECT RECRUITMENT:
(i) A master’s degree with at least 50% marks in any of the social science or statistics or mathematics or operational research.
(ii) At least 3 years experience in computer programming such as B. Tech (CS)/M.Sc.(CS/IT)/MCA in modern languages like, JAVA SCRIPT, PYTHON, PHP, at a recognised institution/university.
(iii) At least 2 years experience in social science data processing.
(1) A degree or diploma in computer sciences/IT from a recognised institution/university.
(2) Experience in Web development based applications.
Age for direct recruitment between 21-45.
For deputation: Persons holding analogous posts in the Central Govt., Research Institutes or Universities or persons holding a post of Assistant Programmer or equivalent thereof in the grade Rs. 9300-34800+GP 4600 as per 6th CPC or corresponding L-7/pay range 44900-142400 as per 7th CPC with 3 years regular service in that grade. The candidate must satisfy the qualifications prescribed for direct recruits.
Post 4: Documentation Officer (deputation/short-term-contract)
Number of vacancy: 2 (Two)
(Pay scale – Rs. 15600-39100+GP 5400 as per 6th CPC or corresponding Level- 10/Pay range Rs. 56100-177500 as per 7th CPC).
Deputation/short-term contract: Officials from Central Govt. or Autonomous Bodies or Universities who are:
(i) holding analogous post on regular basis; or
(ii) holding posts in the pay scale of Rs. 9300-34800+GP 4200 as per 6th CPC or corresponding level – 6/pay range of Rs.35400-112400) of 7th CPC with five years regular service; and possessing the following qualifications:
(1) Master’s Degree with 50% marks in any Social Science from the recognized University or equivalent.
(2) Degree in Library Science or equivalent qualifications.
The candidates having working knowledge of automation/Lib. Software on Linux/windows would be given preference.
Post 5: Section Officer (Administration/Accounts) (deputation)
Number of vacancy: 4 (Four)
(Pay scale – Rs. 9300¬--34800+GP 4600 as per 6th CPC or corresponding Level-7/Pay range Rs. 44900-142400 as per 7th CPC).
For deputation: Assistants and others in the pay scales of Rs. 9300-34800+GP 4200 as per 6th CPC or corresponding level-6/Pay range Rs. 35400-112400 as per 7th CPC at least five years experience in the grade, possessing adequate knowledge of rules and regulations in establishment/accounts matters.
Post 6: Upper Division Clerk (deputation)
Number of vacancy: 5 (Five)
(Pay scale – Rs. 5200¬-20200+GP 2400 as per 6th CPC or corresponding Level-4/ Pay range Rs. 25500-81100 as per 7th CPC).
For deputation: LDCs with at least 5 years experience in that grade.
1. The maximum age limit for appointment by deputation (including short-term contract) shall not be exceeding 55 years as on the closing date of receipt of applications. The age for direct recruitment is between 21-45 years.
2. Period of deputation is initially for one year extendable as per rules.
3. The number of vacancies may increase/decrease.
4. Reservation would be as per the Govt. of India’s instructions/guidelines.
5. Completed application, in the prescribed format, self-attested copies of certificates in proof of age, qualifications, experience etc. should reach the, Indian Council of Social Science Research, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, New Delhi-110067 in a sealed cover superscribing the “ post applied for” latest by 24th January, 2018. Incomplete applications will not be entertained.
6. The serving candidates should send their applications along-with APARs for the last five years and vigilance clearance through
For prescribed Application
proforma click here.